A Volunteer Organization
Respite Care Atlanta is a volunteer-driven respite program designed to support caregivers and their loved ones in a safe, caring and comfortable atmosphere. We seek volunteers of all ages to provide families with an affordable, community-based, social-recreational program option for respite care. A virtually all-volunteer staff is the driving force behind a congregational respite program and they bring energy, enthusiasm
All volunteers must complete an application, background check, orientation and required training to serve our families. Bring your ideas and abilities to help us achieve our mission and more!
- Arts and Crafts
- Communications/Social Media
- Dietary Nutrition
- Education and Training
- Event Planning
- Family Counseling
- General Office/Clerical
- Grant Writing/Fundraising
- Health and Fitness
- Program Planning
Download Full Issue
Join the Club RCA Volunteer Team!
Respite Care Atlanta is seeking volunteers for its weekly respite program assisting adults living with mild-to-moderate dementia. Volunteers get to share their ideas and talents while helping to provide a safe and stimulating environment for program participants.
Monthly Info Sessions at Second-Ponce de Leon Baptist Church (the program location) give prospective volunteers a closer look at the program and the volunteer roles and a chance to ask questions.
The next Info Sessions are:
Wednesday, August 18, 10-11am
Wednesday, September 22nd, 10-11amWednesday, October 13th, 10-11am
Contact Jane Brann at: [email protected]
Attendees to Respite Care Atlanta (RCA) Information Sessions are required to comply with the current RCA and Church policies regarding face masks. Currently, all attendees (regardless of vaccination status) are required to wear face masks while on site during our Information Sessions. We appreciate your cooperation.
Our Board of Directors
Mary Caroline Cravens
10 Things to Know About Volunteering
- Volunteers DO NOT need prior exposure to individuals with dementia.
- They do need patience, compassion, and a heart for serving others.
- There is no age limit for volunteer service; physical limitations can be accommodated.
- Volunteers can serve weekly,
bi-weekly, or monthly.
- We ask for a minimum commitment of two consecutive months but understand unforeseen events occur.
- Team training is periodically offered onsite and supplemented through email communication.
- Immersion is the best way to learn about Respite Care Atlanta roles and operations.
- Respite Care Atlanta is a volunteer-driven social-recreational model of care.
- Our participants must meet eligibility guidelines before admittance. This helps ensure individual needs can be sufficiently met by our volunteer staff.
- There are many roles to perform at Respite Care Atlanta:
- Companions Arts & Crafts Special Events
- Lunch Servers
- Community Outreach
- Volunteers whose role extends through the lunch hour are provided lunch (caterer offers only one lunch option).
- Respite Care Atlanta is open to the public residing in the community.
- Caregivers are responsible for providing transportation to/from the program.
- Our official schedule of operations (volunteers may start earlier/end later):
- Monday & Friday: No programming but open for administrative assistance
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.